- The Song of the Cardinal (1903)
- Freckles (1904)
- At the Foot of the Rainbow (1907)
- What I Have Done with Birds (1907, revised as Friends in Feathers in 1917)
- A Girl of the Limberlost (1909)
- Birds of the Bible (1909)
- Music of the Wild (1910)
- The Harvester (1911)
- Moths of the Limberlost (1912)
- Laddie (1913)
- Michael O’Halloran (1915)
- A Daughter of the Land (1918)
- Her Father’s Daughter (1921)
- The White Flag (1923)
- The Keeper of the Bees (1925)
- The Magic Garden (1927)
“The Legend of the Limberlost”. March 2020.
Gene Stratton-Porter. Indiana Historical Society.
Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites:
A Celebration of Women Writers: Gene Stratton-Porter. Gene Stratton-Porter: A Little Story of The Life and Work and Ideals of “The Bird Woman” Contributor: Gene Stratton-Porter (1863-1924). Editor: S. F. E. (Eugene Francis Saxton, 1884-1943). New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1926.
“After Limberlost: Gene Stratton-Porter’s Life in California” on YouTube (a 2013 short documentary)
“Gene Stratton-Porter – a woman ahead of her time”- Indiana Historical Society, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAKFL7mAXs
Gene Stratton-Porter -Voice of the Limberlost. on YouTube (a 1996 documentary; produced by WIPB-TV), Ball State University, Libraries